Parish Council Coronavirus Notices
Please note the following.
- That the next Parish Council meeting planned for the 1st April 2020 has been cancelled until further notice due to the Coronavirus restrictions.
- That Allotment Rents will be collected at a date yet to be agreed, due to the same restrictions.
- Steps are being taken by the Council and Great Houghton Youth Club to help those in need of assistance due to the same restrictions. Further information will be provided when arrangements are in place.
Clerk to the Parish Council
Emergency support for vulnerable people
Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council have a new COVID-19 emergency contact centre to help people who need emergency support after being impacted by disruptions due to coronavirus. This service is for people who do not have any support networks to help them through this period. The centre will only help those vulnerable people who need emergency support, such as essential supplies, help with medication and who may benefit from over the phone befriending.
If you know someone how requires emergency support, they will need to complete the online form on the site which can be found here. If you’re unable to fill the online form in, you can call (01226) 774444 between 9am and 4pm, but please only use this phone number for emergency calls regarding vulnerable people in relation to coronavirus. The time spent answering general enquiries means we have less resources to help those who desperately need it.
Corona Virus – Help Provided
If you are self isolating and need help with shopping etc, the Parish Council in partnership with the local Youth Club are providing a voluntary service to help you. Please contact either :
- The Chair of the Parish Council, Cllr D Higgingbottom, Tel: 01226 758410 OR
- The Clerk to The Parish Council, Tel: 01226 709079
to enable them to pass on your details to the volunteers.
Minutes and Finance
Financial Accounts and matters discussed in Great Houghton Parish Council meetings can be found in the Minutes and Finance section.
The archive contains digital copies of documents dating from April 2017 onwards.
General information about the Parish Council and what it does can be found in the About section.
The full list of Councillors can also be found on this page.
You can contact the Great Houghton Parish Council by email or by phone. Details can be found here.